Sabtu, 16 Oktober 2010

ARTICLE REVIEW FORM


Tittle of the Article: The Exodus of Language

Author: Jessica Kwik

Why I choose this article:

Because I think the language is very important in the world. It can connect us with the other people. I also love the language that why I choose this topic. I love to learn the lecture of language.

The five sentence about the article:

1. Estimate rate of language extincton is one lost in the worldwide every two weeks
2. The divergence of language contrast with converging of language today that is endangering language worldwide
3. Varous view of the world are essential for science to help create new ways of understanding and new connections between human and natural world
4. Languae are much like living creatures that become endangered when number dwindle
5. For many linguist, preserving endangered is vital

Writer message:

I think the purpose this article to inform us that the language lost every two weeks in the world because divergence of language contrast with converging of language today that is endangering language worldwide.


My comment’s review:


As we know, the origin of language in a region(dialect) could show many various kind of the richness of the culture. I think the English actually world’s first language. But beside it, it can endanger the dialect. I think although many people try to learn English as common language in the life comprehensively and let their dialect out it can lost the origin language of this region. We must survive the richness of the dialect.


I think we must defense it. The origins language in this era are in the brink of extinction. Time by time it will be lost if we don’t do anything to save the rich of it. According to book that said various view of the world(any language and culture in th world) are essential for science to help create new way of understanding and new connections between the human and natural world. I think not everyone can speak English. So, the origin language should be inherit to our next generation. It can help the communication between all of us.
For example the colloquial. It is the simple way that are community inside of it to communicate to each other. It is pleasant to ear. And I think if I am in the difference environment of colloquial maybe it will be a little hard to adapt because I am not usual to speak with another region colloquial.
And the last the origin of the language in the regions must survived by us. I think the difference is not barier for us to communicate with each other but it can make all to be a great unity. As Bhinneka Tunggal Ika said although we difference in many things we are same in one thing.